Mitchell Precision one of the largest injection molding equipment rebuilders in North America with over 40 years experience with injection molding machine toggle rebuilding.
Injection molding toggle clamp repair experts. Over time your bushings and pins wear down and need replacement. With thousands of cycles the bore of the casting will become worn or egg shaped and factory bushings won't fit properly and can spin or move out of the casting. Our repair method is proven to work with a 5 year warranty covering the casting, bushings, pins, labor and material. The only thing that can void your warranty is lack of lubrication. Make sure your lube lines are in perfect working order and the maintenance on your toggle clamp will be minimal.
Is your injection molding toggle clamp growling and making noise on every cycle? We can repair your toggle clamp to perform like new. Misaligned stationary or moving platen will cause the injection molding toggle clamp to be misaligned and cause damage to the hydraulic cylinder or ball screw that opens & closes your machine.
Our injection molding toggle clamp repair procedure:
- Remove all pins & bushings from casting and sand blast all toggle castings for cleaning, measurements and inspection. Dye penetrant is used to detect any cracks, pin holes, pits, damage, etc.
- We locate the largest diameter bore and bore each toggle casting 0.025 to 0.075 oversize. Keeping all bores perfectly concentric & parallel with a perfectly smooth, blemish free surface.
- Each mated part is assembled then honed and tested for size, parallelism, concentricity making sure the mates move perfectly and smoothly without binding or growling.
- We manufacture brand new bushings from aluminum bronze, permanently lubricated bronze, brass or other bushing material that is suited to handle the weight of the toggle clamp. We cut triple lubrication grooves into each bushing to exceed OEM spec/tolerance with excess lubrication. You can never have too much lubrication.
- All bushings are interference fit into the toggle casting. The bushings are shrunk in liquid nitrogen and the toggle is heated to expand. The shrunk bushings are dropped into the fresh bores. Once the temperature gets normal the bushings will never move.
- New pins are manufactured with multiple lube holes to properly fit the new bushings. We use D2 tool steel that is case hardened and carburized for a pin that will exceed OEM spec/tolerances. All pins are precision ground and chrome plated with 0.010 of chrome and polished to a mirror finish. We make sure there is plenty of lubrication flowing to your pins and bushings for extended life and worry free operation for 5 years.
- Each toggle is fitted with its mate and tested for smooth movement with weight. It’s assembled and aligned, then precision honed and tested for accuracy and ease of movement.
- All toggle castings are powder coated to OEM color (or close as possible). Standard colors are black, orange or red.
- Toggle is fully assembled and tested under load for ease of motion. All bushings are tested for lubrication, along with all pins. A custom crate is built with proper bracing, expandable foam insulated and steel banded 3 times in each direction.
- We provide spare pins, spare bushings along with drawings of all the work we performed. With drawings of the bushings, pins and oversize bores of the toggle castings.
The end result is a toggle clamp repair that will work perfectly with absolute minimal maintenance, that is fully guaranteed to work like new with a 5 year warranty. We have toggle clamp rebuilds that have lasted 12 years or more.
Injection molding toggle systems come in many different sizes and configurations. They don't always need to be align bored with oversize bushings. Sometimes you can get away with a light surface hone of the bushings and manufacture new pins. Either way we make sure your toggle clamp repair is done properly and will perform like new.
Will my injection molding toggle system repair come with any warranty? Yes, we give a five year warranty on all pins, bushings, castings, labor and material. Your injection molding toggle assembly work like new with absolute minimal maintenance required. The only thing that can void your warranty is lack of lubrication. Make sure your lube lines are in perfect working order.
What if I don't want to align bore my toggle clamp oversize? No problem! We will manufacture bushings with different diameters to fit the different casting hole sizes with pins to match. The unit will be fully tested before it leaves but it will only have a 12 month warranty. Each bushing might be a different OD diameter to properly fit the hole but all bushings will receive the same pin diameter. We will provide spare pins with the repair. Each toggle casting will be clearly marked and we will provide the bushing diameters for each section.
If you are running a toggle type injection molding machine and it's making noise, wearing down pins, growling and causing alignment problems, we can get your machine operating smoothly like it was brand new with minimal maintenance.
Mitchell Precision has an advantage over other repair shops. We perform all OD grinding, CNC machining, hard chrome plating, FARO TECH 3D scanning, align boring, honing etc in house. No subcontractors means lower pricing and faster delivery times on all your repair projects.
Please click the links and feel free to call us with any questions. We are injection molding repair experts. Injection screws, barrels, gearboxes, etc. We can repair, modify, rebuild or duplicate any equipment used in plastics and rubber processing.
*Fleet vehicle buyer *Davis Standard *Egan *Gloucester *Bramton *Sterling *Flender Graffenstaden *Siemans *Henschel *Krauss-Maffei *NRM *Falk *Kissling *Philadelphia *Hartig *Eisenbeiss *Thyssen *Coperion *Black Clawson *Krupp *Baker Perkins *Hansen *Battenfield *Berstoff *Graham *Begum *Werner Pfleider *Maplan *Guill Tool & Engineering *Amarillo *Black Clawson *Bonfiglioli *Brevini *Browning *Camco Ferguson *Cincinnati *Cone drive *David Brown *Davis Standard *Dodge *DeRan *Dover *Drive All *Eagle Iron *Flender *FMC *Foote Jones *GE *Hansen *Horsburgh Scott *Jupiter *Koellmann *Kone Crane *Liebherr *Lightnin *Linkbelt *Lehmann *Lehmann *Lufkin *Marley *McClanahan *Neptune *Nord *Nuttall *P&H *PIV Drive *Planetary *Raymond Mill *Santasalo *Saturn *SEW Euro Drive *Sterling *Sumitomo *Symetro *There Comedil *Titan *Toshiba *Thyssen *Voeller *Warner Pfleiderer *Westech *Western *Winsmith *Zahnradafabrik *Zambello